Ah foodies and their search for the next big taste. The pursuit leads one to new locations, tastes, and aftertastes. The following stories are so tasty!
In 1979, Les Blank took a detour to film German filmmaker Werner Herzog honoring a vow he made to Errol Morris that he (Herzog) would eat his shoe if Morris ever actually made one of his films he was forever talking about. Stung to action, Morris directed Gates of Heaven and Herzog, true to his word, returned to Berkeley to consume one of his desert boots at the UC Theater. Blank’s film documents Herzog’s strongly expressed belief that people must have the gutts to attempt what they dream of.
- Horrifying Stories Of Animals Eating Their Owners
- Drinking Poop Tea with the Chinese Villagers Who Swear by It
- Professional Dog Food Taster Is Actually a Real Job
- Corn Smut — The Pathogen That Came to Dinner
- Chinese Woman Addicted to Dog Hair Has Eaten 1,000 Hairballs in the Last Two Years
- Baby Poop Being Used To Create Healthier Sausages