Most Americans think Al Jazeera is a pro-Muslim, pro-Arab, terrorist television network. The only time it’s mentioned in the United States is when a new video is released with terrorists doing something to troops or hostages. In reality, the network is more like the BBC, although it does have a bias against the war on Iraq. I’d say it is a cross between the BBC and Fox, with the reporting skills of the BBC and the bias of Fox.
That’s not a ringing endorsement. It is however a reason why I often find myself watching the English version while in Paris. They cover the same stories as CNN and BBC, but often have more exclusive material of stories outside the US and Europe.
All of this is to introduce this film clip by an Al Jazeera reporter of a Sarah Palin rally in Ohio. She’s given the racist Repbulicans (not that all Republicans are racist) new opportunities to spew their hatred. The Original McCain © of 8 years ago wouldn’t have tolerated this patronizing of the hate-filled masses. This new version seems to have turned a blind eye for too long and it’s too late for him to stop. He even said he was proud of the people that attend these rallies.
Way to go.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Al Jazeera Reports on Ohio McCain-Palin Rally
- Palin’s political track record marked by bitter clashes
- Fight over al-Jazeera in Burlington, Vermont
- Al Jazeera English Tries to Extend Its Reach
- Al Jazeera Cameraman Freed From Gitmo
- BBC Set to Open Its New Arab World TV Channel
- Al-Qaida tape blasts Iran for working with U.S.
- Ex-employee calls al-Jazeera English ‘institutionally racist’ at tribunal
- Hate Talk Express: Keep On Rollin’!